Awesome Blog Blog
Key Benefits of Lactose-Free Milk by Amul21 May, 2019
You do not have to shy off from the dairy products anymore. Let’s highlight the key benefits of Amul lactose-free milk for the lactose intolerant consumers
Being intolerant means you have to say no to whole milk if you don’t wish to spend the entire day in the toilet. The struggle is genuine with the irritation caused by the consumption of regular milk by intolerant people. Lactose is a kind of sugar which is generally found on regular milk. This sugar is often difficult to digest by intolerant consumers. This is not an allergy but the body’s lack of sufficient amounts of digestive enzyme, lactase which is used to break down lactose. So, the lactose passes through the gastrointestinal tract unaltered in the consumer with intolerance. When the body cannot digest the lactose, the gut bacteria utilize it by releasing lactic acid and gas that further causes bloating and cramping.
Food manufacturers produce lactose-free milk which offers the same amount of vital vitamins and minerals of regular milk devoid lactose. Following are the five significant benefits of this product:
1. Helps in Easy Digestion: When we say the intolerant person we mean that their digestive tract doesn’t make much of enzyme lactase. The job of this enzyme is to break down lactose into galactose and glucose for absorption. Without enough lactase, it is hard to digest lactose, and the digestive system reacts and causes bloating, diarrhea and indigestion. The carbohydrates in cow’s milk come from lactose, and the lactose-free milk is created with the same mammal’s milk but by treating it with lactase enzyme to remove the lactose. This makes it safe for you to consume without worrying about any problem or discomfort.
2. Good for bones: Since it is made up of the same mammal’s milk, it offers the same amount of calcium and vitamin D as the regular milk that makes bones stronger. One cup of this dairy product helps the body meets 30% of the daily calcium intake, and 25% of daily vitamin D. Calcium is one of the abundant minerals in our bones, and vitamin D helps us to absorb it. Consuming such mineral and vitamin-rich food improves bone strength and reduces the risk of osteoporosis.
3. It makes the heart healthy: This product incorporates vital minerals that help to lower the blood pressure. Along with keeping the bones and teeth stronger, the calcium present helps to regulate the blood pressure in the body. It is also rich in potassium and lowers blood pressure by balancing the sodium levels.
4. A complete dose of protein: One cup of this product incorporates 8 grams of protein. This means that it provides all the essential amino acids required by the body. The protein plays a prominent role in building skin, hair, bone, as well as muscles. It is an excellent addition to your daily diet which makes you stronger and healthier without causing any discomfort or irritation.
5. It is a little sweeter: This product is a little sweeter as compared to other types of milk. If you enjoy sweet milk, then you will love lactose-free one than the regular item. The enzymatic method that removes the lactose creates glucose that gives it a touch of sweetness. You are not required to add any extra sugar when you add this dairy product to your bowl of morning cereals.
The above mentioned are some of the health benefits of lactose-free milk by Amul. It serves as a perfect alternative for intolerant consumers as it is equally safe and healthy.
Visit Awesome Dairy to grab Awesome Products at Awesome Price!
Awesome Dairy is the country’s first online dairy store whose digital aisle incorporates a wide range of top brand dairy products. The best part about this online store is that it offers huge discounts on various products as well as on bulk orders too. It does safe delivery of the products at the doorstep in real time. With an easy to purchase option, Awesome Dairy brings a vast range of dairy items available at your fingertip. Visit now to know more and to bring your home the dose of the goodness of health.